To say getting the Wave Shield running was a struggle is a bit of an understatement. I ran into a bunch of problems along the way, but I finally got it up and running. The wave shield plugs into the top of the Arduino and allows me to store memory on an SD card so I don’t have to plug into the computer to access files.
In this test I just have two buttons mapped to sounds. The rest of the buttons, are for later. In addition, I’m using a 9 volt battery as a power source.
The sounds are just place holders for what I’ll use in my actual project.
Over the weekend, I’m going to really dive into the programming, and build a small little frame for this so I can attach it to steering wheels.